Europe is the cradle of modern civilization. Most of the monuments of culture and art are located in the territory of the European countries. The ancient history of the Europeans has always interested different generations of historians and archaeologists.
We have collected the most interesting facts about the European countries for you.
1. Italians do not drink cappuccino after 11 a.m.
2. There are more Doner Kebab restaurants in Berlin than in Istanbul.
3. The most visited place in Europe is Disneyland in Paris.
4. There are no mosquitoes at all in Iceland.
5. The establishment of the Pisa Tower took 200 years.
6. Croissants were originally invented in Austria.
7. Greenland is the largest island in the world.
8. The city with the longest name in Europe is Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch city located in Wales.
9. In a week, the escalator in the London subway travels an equal distance to two circles of the Earth.
10. Bulgaria is the oldest country in Europe, its name has not been changed since 681.